Overview and Rationale
Writing a treatise provides you with an opportunity to critically assess your leadership capability through introspection and self-analysis – it makes you aware of who you are as both an individual and a leader. This assignment serves as a reflective exercise and a self-assessment to help you learn more about yourself, as an ethical leader. It will also serve as your final project.
This assignment focuses on your personal level of ethical leadership. You will work on understanding, analyzing and implementing choices related to ethics-related situations. In doing this, you are expected to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical foundations of ethical thoughts when you reflect on your personal challenges, apply course frameworks in analyzing your choices and dilemmas, and move to the level of defining a direction for personal growth as an ethical leader. Using lecture materials, readings, and the various discussions you have had with classmates and the instructor, you will incorporate leadership theories to create an ethical leadership model and definition.
Consider the following when writing your piece:
- Do you have an ethical mind? If so, explain your thoughts and provide one or more specific examples. If not, how would you define your ethical thinking?
- How have our readings or discussions, during the first half of this course, changed or reinforced the opinions you previously held about yourself as an ethical leader?
- What connections can you make between your ethical thinking and your personal and professional leadership style?
- What leadership models do you value and identify with and how do they support an ethical mindset?
- What strengths do you have that will help facilitate your development as an ethical leader?
- How do you model ethical leadership in your personal and professional life?
Length: 5 – 7 pages (double spaced – 12 font – APA style)
Make sure to cite some academic references from textbook and other resource to inform your answers.
Make sure to expand your answers further.Develop your thoughts with more arguments/examples/explanations that expand your work.