While still plotting and conducting attacks in the first decade of the 21st century, by the end of the decade al-Qaeda’s offensive capabilities were changing (White, 2014).
The al-Qaeda Reader, edited by Raymond Ibrahim, contains important primary source documents that explain al-Qaeda’s ideology and political positions. You may use this resourse for your research in this week’s individual work.
Answer the following questions in a 1-2 page essay about al-Qaeda:
- Compare fighting in Iraq to fighting in Afghanistan.
- What roles do women play in al-Qaeda?
- How does al-Qaeda use the media?
- Does al-Qaeda represent the Muslim mainstream?
Your assignment should include the following:
- An in-depth submission free of spelling and grammar errors.
- You will be assessed on the rationale you use in addressing the questions/issue posted, and how well you justify your argument regarding this issue.
- Your response must be thought provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
- You may use your text or the Internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources according to APA guidelines