Option #1: Consolidation at Date Acquisition, Ownership <100%, FMV>BV.
Assume that a parent company acquires a 70% interest in a subsidiary
for a purchase price of $1,078,000. The excess of total fair value of
controlling and noncontrolling interests over book value is assigned to;
a building (PPE net) that is worth $100,000 more than book value, an
unrecorded patent valued at $200,000 and goodwill valued at $300,000.
Goodwill is assigned proportionately to the controlling and
Using the ACT470_Mod03-Option01.xlsx Excel spreadsheet in the Module 3 folder:
- Prepare the consolidated balance sheet at the date of acquisition by
placing the appropriate entries in their respective debit/credit column
- Indicate, in the blank column cell to the left of the debit and credit column cells if the entry is an [E] or [A] entry.
- Use Excel formulas to derive the Consolidated column amounts and totals.
- Using the “Home” key in Excel, go to the “Styles” area and highlight the [E] and [A] entry cells in different shades.
- Review the grading rubric following this assignment, to understand
how you will be graded on this assignment. Reach out to your instructor
if you have questions about the assignment.