Please be extra careful and original. My school uses a Plagiarism program named “Safe Assign” I already had 3 papers come back claiming that they were plagiarized. Also, please use in word references. Here is a website to detail this program. https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Assignments/SafeAssign/SafeAssign_Originality_Reports
In the United States, both the federal government and the states have
authority to indict for criminal wrongdoing. The federal government and
each state have their own criminal statutes, court system, prosecutors,
and police agencies. Research articles from within the past three years on crime trial, prosecutor, and criminal investigator.
Write a 4- to 5-page paper in which you:
- Put yourself in the role of a prosecutor and explain the importance
of the final report to the prosecution of a case. Further, analyze the
possible impact of poorly completed final reports on the prosecution of a
- Review Figure 21.1, The Use of Evidence in the Stages of the
Criminal Justice Process, in Chapter 21 of the text and specify the
manner in which each stage of the criminal justice process helps to
build a successfully litigated action. Provide a rationale to support
- Identify the three areas that Detective Richard Gautsch, a
seasoned investigator, recommends an investigator focus on when giving
courtroom testimony and discuss the importance of each area. Next,
define a criminal investigator’s role in preparing a case for court.
Analyze the manner in which the investigator cooperates with the
prosecutor to enhance the courtroom presentation.
- Differentiate not guilty and acquitted. Give your opinion as to
whether or not a not guilty verdict means that the investigator failed.
Support the position.
- Predict one to two changes that will take place in criminal
investigation in the next twenty years. Provide a rationale to support
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this
assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar types of websites do not qualify
as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS).
The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please
take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12),
with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow
SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment,
the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the
date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the
required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the major components of and responsibilities involved in the investigative process.
- Recommend improvements to the criminal investigation process in selected areas.
- Predict changes that will take place in criminal investigation in the next twenty (20) years.
- Evaluate the role of the criminal investigator in preparing evidence for presentation and courtroom testimony.
- Use technology and information resources to conduct research in the criminal investigation process.
- Write clearly and concisely about the criminal investigation process using proper writing mechanics.