Select a PRINT advertisement and determine if the creators of the ad use reasoning (logos), logic (logos) and/or emotion (pathos) to gain the attention and ultimately have the viewer purchase or use the advertised product or service.
This week, you will be working on the Rhetorical Analysis by starting to draft and organize your ideas. You will submit a Rhetorical Analysis Planning Sheet this week to the Dropbox for your professor to grade.
. Then go to the search engine of your choice and search for a print advertisement to use as the subject of your Rhetorical Analysis. You will need to provide a URL for your chosen ad, so be sure it is available online. Your chosen ad can be current or vintage. If you would like to analyze an ad from a different time period, type the phrase “vintage ads” into your browser.
Choose an ad that you can analyze based on its rhetorical appeals (reasoning, character, and emotion), and be sure the ad you choose is intriguing to you. Please make sure that your chosen ad is appropriate for classroom use and the workplace.
Locate the file “Week 3 Rhetorical Analysis Planning Sheet template” in Doc Sharing. Use this template and follow the format provided to create your planning sheet this week. You’ll need to identify and describe the ad, draft a thesis, identify the use of rhetorical appeals, and draft a conclusion.
At the end of your extended draft outline, copy and paste the URL or website address for your ad (it will begin with http://) so that your readers can also view the ad.
Successful assignments will:
- identify an advertisement, current or vintage, that’s appropriate for a college-level audience;
- include a draft of the introduction and conclusion (minimum of one paragraph each);
- include a tentative thesis statement at the end of the introduction;
- include details to establish the visual description and context of the ad;
- identify the various ways rhetorical appeals are used; and
- be typed and submitted as a Microsoft Word 2010 document (.docx) using 12-point font.
You have fill in the document below.
Please pick something from USA