Research Paper: Students will write a paper evaluating a real criminal case scenario that includes the three major components of the Criminal Justice System.
The final research paper is due on May 19, 2019. The paper will be 3-5 pages in length to include (title page, and reference page are not included in the page count), typed and double-spaced with a font size of 12, and has a minimum of four references. Only the APA (American Psychological Association) style of documentation is acceptable. Descriptions and examples of the APA style can be found at Purdue OWL.
The paper should cover complete elements of the process of the criminal justice system. These items should be written in sections with the following titles and elements:
- Summarize the facts of the case (who, what, where and when)
- Summarize the investigative process-which law enforcement agency investigated the case (types of evidence gathered in the case etc.)
- Describe the Court proceedings
- Prosecution & Defense
- Trial and/or guilty plea
- Sentencing-address the sentence ordered by the Court
- Discuss whether the correctional process for the offender
- Where were they designated if ordered imprisoned.
- Research facts about the institution
Discussion and Conclusion
- If you were the judge in this case what would be your decision?
- Explain your reasoning for your independent judicial decision.