First, you will need to learn about ClassDojo and how it works.
To do this, I have included several short videos (below) and other video resources in this module. Please view the videos.
After you learned about ClassDojo:
1. Go to the ClassDojo website and create an account as a teacher.
2. Prepare a paragraph about your thoughts on this program. (2 points)
3. Prepare a list of AT LEAST 6 key points (in a bulleted fashion) that you learned about using Class Dojo and/or its benefits. (1.5 points)
- One of the key points MUST be related to the benefits of using this system in a classroom of learners with disabilities
- One of the key points MUST be related to the benefits of using this system in a classroom of diverse learners who are culturally and linguistically diverse
4. Two ways that you can use ClassDojo to engage with parents of the students in your classroom. (1 point)
5. Include in your assignment, attach at least two screenshots of the class site that you created (must include a minimum of five students and the behaviors that you want to monitor) (0.5 point).
(Link with directions on how to take a screenshot using different devices: Taking a Screen Shot (Links to an external site.)
- ClassDojo website (Links to an external site.)
- Class Dojo Demonstration (Links to an external site.)
Engaging bilingual students with ClassDojo Brief Video* (Links to an external site.)
Engaging parents with ClassDojo* (Links to an external site.)
- PDF, ClassDoJo PDF Flyer
*Highly recommend watching for the successful completion of the assignment.
IRIS Module II: Addressing Disruptive and Non-Compliant Behaviors (Part 1): Understanding the Acting-Out Cycle (Links to an external site.)
Today’s classrooms are increasingly diverse. Because educational reforms have resulted in more inclusive classroom settings and have increased teacher accountability, it is critical that teachers identify efficient, effective strategies for supporting students who exhibit challenging behaviors.
For this assignment, you are to go through the online Iris Module Classroom Management Part 1 (see link above). Then you are to answer the questions that are attached as a word document. You MUST include each of the questions before your answer.
Assignment in Word Document Form
IRIS Module II:
Addressing Disruptive and Non-Compliant Behaviors (Part 1): Understanding the Acting-Out Cycle
Total: 5 points
- List three reasons why some students continue to cause problems even when there is a good classroom management plan in place? (3 points)
- Discuss at least one benefit and one challenge of intervening early in the acting-out cycle to prevent problem behaviors from escalating. (.5 point)
Think back to the Challenge at the beginning of this module. Ms. Rollison is having trouble with Patrick, who is a model student on some days and is rude and disruptive and refuses to work. Unfortunately, she probably does not have enough information to figure out what Patrick’s triggers are.
Although not discussed explicitly in the module, can you think of three methods by which Ms. Rollison could determine his triggers? (1 point)
- Ms. Rollison is also having trouble with Tameka, who refuses to do any written work. In this case, Ms. Rollison does have enough information to figure out what Tameka’s trigger is. What is it? (.5 point)