In this discussion, you will have the opportunity to talk about your personality type with other classmates who have the same type. Make certain that you have completed the MBTI Reflection Report so that you know what your Meyers-Briggs/Jung type is. In addition, you may want to check out what it says about your type at the following sites (all links open in a new window): The Meyers & Briggs Foundation (Links to an external site.), the Personality Page (Links to an external site.), and TypeLogic Home Page (Links to an external site.).
First click on Reply to begin your post. You should answer the following questions:
- What did you learn about your type that seems very true for you? (2 points)
- What limitations might a person with your type have? (2 points)
- Are your career plans consistent with your personality type? (Hint, look at the “favored careers” from the MBTI Reflection Report, or the Careers link which is posted at the end of the detailed description of your type on the PersonalityPage (Links to an external site.) site.)
- Reply to some of the other students in this forum and share common experiences. If no other students in the class have the same type, then feel free to reply to someone who has the type you identify for question 5. (You should identify your type in your post, so they know you are coming from a different forum.) (2 points)
- Try to figure out which of the other types sounds like it might be the hardest for you to work with. How would you handle it if this type of person were your boss? (2 points)