One of the most important responsibilities of early childhood administrators is to ensure that children’s nutrition, health, and safety needs are met. For this discussion, select one of the following nutrition, health, or safety concerns to research:
- Meal planning: A child who is on a gluten-free diet
- Playground safety: A child who repeatedly breaks the rules at the playground
- Immunizations: Parents who choose not to immunize their child
- Childhood obesity: Parents who send their overweight child to school with unhealthy snacks
- Food safety and sanitation: A food service worker at the center who doesn’t use a hairnet or gloves
- Communicable disease prevention: A teacher who does not wash her hands after helping children in the bathroom
Describe two to three strategies to address this nutrition, health, or safety concern. Support your ideas with a reference to at least one outside source and be sure to cite that source. Your discussion post should be at least 200 words in length.