You will decide what topic in modern society interests you. 2 paragraphs that
- Introduce the topic you have selected for the paper;
- Explain why it is significant in modern society;
- Identify which two philosophers you will be applying in the paper; and
- Are written in APA format.
The outline of your final project should contain your thesis statement, and the remainder should be a full-sentence outline where you specifically show how your paper will flow.
Note: A full-sentence outline differs from bullet points because each section of the outline must be a complete sentence. Each part may only have one sentence in it. Capital letters are ideas that support the thesis.
Your outline must contain a minimum of 12 full sentences as follows.
- The thesis statement of the paper (2 sentences minimum)
- 4 key points to support the thesis statement:
- What is the issue and why is it significant? (2 full sentences minimum to clarify this point)
- How would your first philosopher address your issue? (2 full sentences minimum to clarify this point)
- How would your second philosopher address your issue? (2 full sentences minimum to clarify this point)
- How would you apply your philosophers’ principles to your issue in modern society? (2 full sentences minimum to clarify this point)
- Conclusion (2 sentences minimum)
The Annotated Bibliography should include no fewer than 5 sources (but not your text). You should find a minimum 3 sources from the Rasmussen library.
Remember that this is different from a traditional bibliography. First, list the reference in APA format just as you would on a reference page. However, directly below the reference, provide an annotation in three parts:
- A 2-3 sentence summary of the reference;
- A brief assessment or evaluation of the source (why it’s reliable, how it compares with others, and so on); and
- A 1-2 sentence reflection on the source (how it will help your project).
should be a 5-7 page paper using a minimum of 5 credible and scholarly sources that compare and contrast the political theories of two philosophers. The paper should examine a modern political issue and apply the philosophy of both philosophers. Use APA format and citation when writing your paper.
You are required to write a 5-7 page paper using a minimum of 5 sources that compare and contrast the political theories of two philosophers. The paper should examine a modern political issue and apply the philosophy of both philosophers. The goal of the paper is to demonstrate competency in the ability to both explain and apply the philosophies selected as well as evaluate the relevance of applying these philosophies to modern society.
It is important to understand that research is a process. In order to construct a good research paper, you will need to first decide what topic you want to write about and then select two philosophers that you want to apply to your topic. These two steps should be completed and then submitted as the Course Project – Topic Selection assignment in this module.
Once you have decided on a topic and the philosophers you want to use, then your real research begins. You must submit a full sentence outline for your paper. This can be completed only after you have read several articles about both the topic and the philosophers in your paper. It is important to remember that you are not looking for someone else’s comparison of your philosophers, but rather you are learning what you can about your philosophers so you can apply your interpretation into the paper.
After you have researched your topic and philosophers, you need to submit an annotated bibliography that shows how the articles you read will assist you in completing your project.