I need an amazing cover letter for the following job posting. I am readily available to chat back and forth to complete this task together. I have attached my current resume, and if you have any suggestions for that as well it would be greatly appreciated but not necessary.
Additional Information you may need to know:
I have experience working in another department (financial aid office) at this college.
I am currently a student at this community college and I will receive my associates in business administration at this college May 2019.
All of my job references will be from this college.
I have personally used many of their services as a student.
I definitely have all the skills they are looking for I just do not have the brainpower after finals week to come up with a cover letter and I need to apply yesterday.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for the assisting the Director in the daily operation of civic engagement programs at the Center Civic Learning and Community Engagement at the Community College, including, but not limited to, service learning, community-based internships, civic leadership programming, service tracking and recognition, and others.
In support of civic engagement initiatives at the Center for Civic Learning and Community Engagement, the Program Assistant will
- Assist in the planning and management of civic engagement events, including nonprofit trainings/orientations, annual service recognitions, celebrations, days of service, civic leadership trainings, and faculty trainings, etc.
- Assist the Director in the development and maintenance of community partnerships, inclusive of providing site visits and determining best fit for student support
- Manage ongoing development and maintenance of the tracking of service learning and civic learning
- Assist in creating, organizing and presenting to classes on the benefits of service learning, completing service learning paperwork, logging service learning hours and site partner selection
- Assist the Director in Organizing and planning civic engagement speakers and events
- Assist the Director with program evaluations and support the evaluation of civic learning and engagement at the college
- Provide guidance in one-on-one and group settings to Student SOS Office Mentors as needed
- Prepare and submit reports for the College and other entities, including funders, as required
- Assist in budget management
- Assist the director in implementing the practices and policies of civic engagement programs
- Administer the day-to-day activities of Student Leaders in Civic Engagement program inclusive of orientation, on-going trainings, and general supervision
- Provide outreach and promotional materials relative to civic engagement to college faculty, staff, current and prospective students, and state, municipal and local lawmakers
- Participate in college wide events such as orientation, commencement, open houses, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with students, faculty members, schools and nonprofit organizations desirable