Please follow the journal guideline found in Module 1.2 Journal to complete the assignment.
- Watch this 13 minute video segment from 60 Minutes on an innovative charter school in New York that is offering higher teacher salaries as a model for increased quality of education and student performance. NYC Charter School’s $125,000 experiment [Length 13:38] (Links to an external site.)
- Read the following article describing what tenure is.
- Consider the following concepts when viewing the video:
- Classroom management
- Structure of the environment
- Tenure for teachers (good or bad?)
- Criteria for retaining ‘good’ teachers at this charter school.
- After viewing the video segment, you are ready to write a journal entry. Using the four points I provided for you above, discuss how they are relevant in the video. Discuss whether or not a program like this one could work if implemented nationwide? Be sure to consider what works about this program and what does not work.