- Assess corporate social responsibility for organizational success.
- Analyze the impact of the organization’s community involvement and sociological perspectives on company branding.
- Assess ethics in global, international, and multicultural environments.
- Evaluate the impact of politics and regulatory compliance on corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
- Evaluate how sustainability strategies support an organization’s competitive advantage.
- Critique corporate social responsibility initiatives for an organization’s corporate citizenship.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You work for Patagonia as VP of Operations and your company has been nominated for the Citizens Award from the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation. Each nominee is to present its company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability initiatives at the Citizens Award Gala in Washington D.C. You will develop a Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability plan on behalf of your organization that will showcase your company as the obvious choice to win the award.
Create a 17-23 slide PowerPoint slide presentation you will present at the Gala. Please be sure to include your script within the notes section of the PowerPoint.
Be sure to include the following slides:
- Title slide (1 slide)
- Explain how your CSR plan will positively impact the triple bottom line while satisfying your shareholders, as well as internal and external stakeholders. (2-3 slides)
- Include how you will mitigate the risk of negative internal and external perceptions of stakeholders or the public.
- Describe how your community involvement and commitment to diversity, inclusion, equality, and equity have a positive impact on the company’s brand. (2-3 slides)
- Discuss how your plan makes a global contribution to international and multicultural populations. (3-4 slides)
- Predict how your plan will make a positive contribution to local, state, or governmental laws and regulations. (3-4 slides)
- Include how you will measure financial and non-financial performance.
- Illustrate how this plan will be implemented, why and how it will be sustainable, along with why you feel this CSR initiative is a core competency of your organization. (3-4 slides).
- Show how your organization contributes to all four types of corporate social responsibility to demonstrate positive corporate citizenship. (3-4 slides)
- Provide attribution for credible sources used in the professional presentation.
- For assistance with developing a PowerPoint, please visit the PowerPoint tab of the Business Writing Guide: http://guides.rasmussen.edu/business/businesswriting
- For assistance with grammar checking, please visit How do I create a Grammarly account?
- APA Guide: https://guides.rasmussen.edu/apa
- For research help, schedule a one-on-one meeting with the Business Librarian: https://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/167429
Recommended Library Databases
- Gale Virtual Reference (definitions & topic overviews): https://guides.rasmussen.edu/gvrl
- Discovery (articles & ebooks): https://guides.rasmussen.edu/discovery
- Business via ProQuest (articles): https://guides.rasmussen.edu/pqbus